Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Year of Weddings

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet some really amazing women so far in my life. I feel even more honored to be a part of their big day when asked. This year is the year I like to refer to as, "The Year of Weddings".
Yes we are only in April, but I'm on the verge of ordering my third (out of four total so far) bridesmaid dress. Each girl is very unique in style and their dresses reflect them and the style of their big day.

While wedding planning is a big task to say the least, being a bridesmaid is not that easy either. Having to balance several weddings this summer and plan/host showers and girls' getaway weekends really makes me fully appreciate what all of my friends did for me last year in June.

I know it's not easy to find ways to pay for
 gifts, makeup, dresses, showers, events and outings
but all of my bridesmaids and friends did so willingly. For that, I will be forever grateful.
So, today is the first of many blogs to come celebrating finding lifelong friendship in your bridesmaids and lifelong love in your significant other. And here's to me getting to wear some very pretty dresses in the coming year..... preview below

For Lindsay's Wedding in July which will be an outdoor event at her future home and farm with a downtown/ classy feel type reception. This dress will be perfect and versatile for the farm and the downtown reception! Lindsay gets the most efficient bride award. She's only been planning since March and has it ALL together! You go girl!

And up next is Ashley's outdoor September wedding in Nashville, TN which with have a great Southern elegance, all natural type feel with moss and hydrangeas included. This dress will be perfect in the eggplant color highlighted with some blues and greens.

And Brittaney's wedding is happening in October - details to be decided post Miss Tennessee in July :) She's using a moss and black scheme which will be perfect for her fall wedding in East Tennessee.

Then, Erin's big day in November. She's getting married at a lovely Catholic church and having an undoubtedly beautiful reception near downtown Knoxville. Imagine the dress in Sangria - gorgeous! The sangria will be highlighted with some bright fall colors like green and orange and will be a perfect match with Erin's style!


I'm well on my way to 27 dresses and couldn't be happier. Congratulations to all this years' brides-to-be.

No comments:

Post a Comment